Saturday 12 May 2007

10 may 12 2007

The first of June we will celebrate the official pre-opening of our China-Office. I will be present. Fullheartedly. The design of the courses is in full swing. Marketing Programs are in the make. And of course our back-office will be well organized for June 1. A good performance of Dong Yan, senior manager and Sanboa and many others. Among them Gonnie, manager of SnrSchoutenGlobal, Tineke-programmanager, Frank our financial man. And of course of Tonio who will the coming years lead the China endeaviour.
Weather is dutch. I like it. Grey one would say. But gray is a gray word. There are so many shades. But the blosoms are gone. I heard from sources undisclosed the Acrobat left Beijing. She runs her own business now, helping some mainland companies to export to the West. She seemed to have read the story of the fluteplayer. Maybe you remember I borrowed her nickname from that tale. Sources undisclosed revealed that she got a terrible temper after reading the story of that poor girl, destroying half of her interior and demanding I remove the piece. One friend demanded that I destroy the whole blog. He feared the destruction of my image. But other reactions are favourable. Some people ask for a photograph. Dont hurry.
Last thursday I again went to the chemist. The place where I walked from without paying.
I bougth some personal items. The woman behind the counter I already had identified as the owners wife. A huge person, fully dressed up. She reminded me of the sweet persons behind the parfumcounters all over the world. But something strange must have happened in her life. She had a certain age, but age never is important. No, but it looked like she experienced some mishaps in her life. Like she was the victim of several unsuccesful beauty operations. I mean: many curves but seemingly just a bit misplaced. She didnt look happy. She smiled at me, but the movement of her lips didnt reach her heart.
"Here, she said, 23.45 euro."
At the same time I saw her fingers and especially her nails. Huge ones. At least one inch long.
Burgundy red and full of silver specks. Like you sometimes see at bowling balls.
With the biggest of those knives she pointed at me. And I did what I should do. Immediately I grabbed in my trousers to search for money. And I paid. So you see habit change is possible. This is an issue in China. But I garantee: if even Jan Schouten can change its habits, everybody in China can. read our SchoutenChina site.

No comments: