Wednesday 2 May 2007

9. China- may 2 2007

This morning overlooking the Lake, head eastwards, towards the sun. The water seemed motionless. Suddenly however I was withness to the birth of a small wave, whitecapped, that
slowly started to plow the surface. It looked like a huge fish. Like that whale I once observed outside Bequia. I remember we killed the diesel and sat silently in the cockpit. Until the giant disappeared. So on my chair observing the progess of that wave I killed time. Out of that capsule i really couldnt estimate how long I sat there.
Yesterday was top. I printed my novel, transported it home, 500 pages. Tomorrow i start reading it loud to myself and probably find some tiny approvements. The end of 4 years continous work, 3000 hours. I hope not in vain. I wrote it for myself, me being the first reader.
I lost at least 8 mediumsized pots of Peanutbutter last week. I had that nice conversation with Tineke Kanters, the program manager of Schouten China and of Schouten Global. I enjoyed working for her on the program.
The last 150 days we solved a lot of problems. From november 1 2006 we decided to go for Chinese Company on communication,leadership training and organization development. We are offering servicesd for companies, but also open courses for people who pay themselves. In order to do so we had to rely on our own creativity as we had to redesign the courses we publish in Holland to new forms, methods and content, fit for the chinese market. There are no chinese communicationskills trainers, so we start in june with the Train the Trainer program.
But june 1 2007 we will start in Beijing wth a formal opening.
For our program look at SchoutenChina.com.cn

I was heavily involved in designing together with Tineke a 1 day course for graduates, to help them to enhance the chance of acquiring a job. Fun. Quality.Useful: every year 3.5 million Chinese pass their examination. Only one third get a jon within 6 months.

No comments: